Sex toys are becoming commonplace in the bedroom. At one point, you might have considered getting one for yourself and your partner. But, maybe for one reason or the other, you are a little hesitant.
Here are a few facts to reassure you:
- Sex toys in the bedroom have increased steadily over the past decade because of acceptance in mainstream media.
- In December 2017, a survey of 1,400 Canadians confirmed a 52.3% use of sex toys in that cohort.
- Most couples who used sex toys were lesbian, gay, queer, bisexual or those questioning their sexual identity.
- Most of the above cohort confirmed that they washed their sex toys with soap and water, and 21.7% shared their toys with partners.
Sexual freedom has evolved over millennia of human existence. Therefore, your curiosity is only natural, and the constant encouragement to explore sexuality is a necessary part of development. Moreover, there are high chances that your partner is willing to explore sex toys with you.
Have a Discussion
Like many other topics, your first step is to get your partner's opinion on the subject. Naturally, such a question is awkward for a first date. Nonetheless, discussing sex or sex toys depends on the nature of your relationship. There are no conventional rules on when to bring it up. Therefore, work with the mood and how comfortable you are with each other.
Sometimes, it doesn't have to be a question- you can present it as a suggestion to your partner. Moreover, if you are bold, buy adult sex toys for couples to offer for your partner. Of course, the present will spark a conversation immediately. But, ultimately, if you genuinely want to explore your sexual limits, your partner wouldn't want to be left behind.
When shopping, look for adult sex toys for men to surprise your partner, or better yet, go together to the sex toys shop. Fortunately, you can consult with sex shop owners about adult sex toys for couples and their use. The beauty of it all is, you will acquire knowledge to get you started as you build and determine your preferences.
If you go to the shop alone, conduct some research and consult on adult sex toys for men. Assuming you can predict what your partner would enjoy, that would be easier. At the same time, remain open-minded during shopping; there are many options. These include the following:
- The prostate massager can pinpoint the erogenous zone, and you can adjust the frequency of the vibrations.
- Cock ring vibrations will keep you or your partner excited during foreplay.
- The bionic bullet for both you and your partner, for a more extended sexual session.
- Blowjob simulators come in a variety of widths to suit you or your partners' anatomy.
The options are endless, and you are at liberty to choose as many as you see fit. These sex toys don't have to be for both of you; some can be for your partner's self-pleasure through masturbation. For example, the Tenga egg is subtle and the best option for introducing you or your male sexual partner to toys.
Final Thoughts on Sex Toys
The key to great sex and the use of adult sex toys for couples is to get over the reasons why you hesitated. Whether it is the misguided notion that "if it isn’t broken, don't fix it," or that sex toys for men look like alien appendages. Ultimately, your partner will appreciate the effort, and it can transform your sex life.